© 2022 KPMG Law Advokatfirma P/S (CVR 41070978), a Danish limited liability partnership and member firm of the KPMG global organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
Our Tax Law & Tax Controversy team helps tax leaders protect against risks and manage and resolve issues so they can gain control over the uncertainty inherent in tax matters and disputes, both within Denmark and across borders. Clients include Danish and foreign companies, both listed and privately held, private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds and the Ministry of Taxation.
Our approach is designed to help organisations address local and multijurisdictional tax matters and disputes through effective strategies for their mitigation, management and prompt resolution. We value strong, long-lasting personal relationships with our clients.
Our Tax Law & Tax Controversy practice covers a range of areas such as
- Dispute resolution and litigation at all stages of the Danish administrative appeals and court system
- Litigation before the EU Court of Justice
- Competent Authority proceedings, including mutual agreement and arbitration procedures
- Tax and customs investigations and audits
- Penalty cases concerning alleged failure to adhere to tax laws
- Proceedings for the taking of evidence in which, by order of the courts, an expert report is obtained as well as other supplementary proceedings for the taking of evidence
- Filing of complaints to the European Commission
- Applications to the Danish Tax- and Customs Agency for tax and customs rulings (“binding rulings”) in order to ascertain tax and customs positions of contemplated or completed transactions.
We have particular expertise in
- International tax law
- EU tax law
- Transfer pricing
- Danish tax law
- EU customs law
- Indirect taxes and VAT.
How we can support you
We represent clients in complex tax and customs disputes, including precedent setting transfer pricing and withholding tax matters, customs and VAT matters. We represent Danish and international clients, in all stages of the tax dispute continuum – from protecting against disputes through pre-transaction analysis and documentation through to resolution of disputes in Danish tax tribunals and courts, before the EU Court of Justice, as well as in MAP and alternative means of dispute prevention and resolution.
By leveraging KPMG’s global network of outstanding relationships with tax and customs authorities and the KPMG network’s collective knowledge, we work to help you achieve the best possible outcomes. We also work with our clients’ KPMG tax, valuation and accounting teams, locally and globally, to help foster consistency across borders and gain strong results throughout the tax dispute continuum.
Connect with us today to understand how our Tax Law & Tax Controversy lawyers can support your business.
Head of Tax Law & Tax Controversy
+45 2583 4999